Things to do in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Vitoria-Gasteiz, Biarritz, Rioja or Pamplona. Our selection of best art, sport & cultural events in the Basque Country during July 2016.
Regarding traditions and festivities:
- In Pamplona, San Fermin with the Running of the Bulls every morning. The famous festival that Hemingway loved. From July, 6th to 14th.
- In Isaba, in the Basque Country Pyrenees, 3 Cow Tribute Festival, this millenarian tribute is observed amongst two villages of the French & Spanish Basque Country. The oldest agreement in force in Europe. On July, 13th.
- In Orio, Sea Bream festival "made on the Orio style", in the Gipuzkoa village from July, 14th to 17th.
- In Bermeo, Mundaka, Elantxobe, Errenteria, Artziniega, Ayala & Bernedo Magdalena Festivals. One of the most popular is in Elantxobe. July, 22nd.
- In Vitoria-Gasteiz, Blusa Day. Donkey run, and parade of boys and girls dressed up with Basque local dressings and bull fighting. July, 25th.
- In Astigarraga, Cider Day. Try local cider and enjoy local craftsman and Basque traditional sports in this town near San Sebastian. July, 26th.
- In Baiona, Festivals of Bayonne. Basque French version of the San Fermin Festivals, with bullfighting, running of the bulls and much more. From July, 27th to 31st.
- In Azpeitia, Biscay & Gipuzkoa. St Ignatius Loiola. In Azpeitia local music, food, drink and festivals, July 31st.
- In Biarritz, Fireworks on France National Day on July, 14st
- In Lekeitio, International Street Theater Festival. From July 11th to 13th.
- In San Sebastian, European Culture Capital 2016. Check for more info here: http://dss2016.eu/en
- Jazz Festivals:
- In Getxo, International Jazz Festival, from July 1st to 5th.
- In Vitoria-Gasteiz, Jazz Festival from July 12th to 16th.
- In San Sebastian, Heineken Jazzaldia from July, 20nd to 25th.
- In Bilbao. BBK Live Festival. International music groups. From July, 7th to 9th.
- In Hondarribia. Blue Festival, International and Basque music groups. Also conferences, exhibits... From July 14th to 17th.
- In Mundaka, Basque Music & Cook Festival. Festival of food & music, with tastings, concerts and live music in local bars. From July 28th to 30th.
- In San Sebastian, International Football Tournament Donosti Cup. 525 football teams from all over the world. From July 3th to 9th.
- Biarritz Cup. The biggest Amateur Golf Tournament in France. From July 10th to 17th in the Golf Le Phare.