Things to do in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Vitoria, Biarritz, Rioja or Pamplona. Our selection of best art, sport & cultural events in the Basque Country during June, 2017
Best traditions & festivities:
- In Biarritz. Les Oceanes. Annual festival related with the ocean: sea events, sport... From June 17th to 24th.
- In Vitoria-Gasteiz, Great Week of the Pintxo of Alava. June 21st to July 2nd.
- In Bermeo. St. Juan Pilgrimage's. June 24th.
- In Ondategi, Zigoitia, Gorbeia Basque Horse Day. Shows, exhibits and performances with dance, sport & food. June 25th.
- In Irun. Alarde San Marcial. Parade remembering Spanish and French wars. June, 30th.
Regarding arts and exhibits:
- In Vitoria-Gasteiz, Gastroswing, mixing best food with swing dance classes and music. June 1st to 4th
- In Vitoria-Gasteiz. Kaldearte. Street art with dance, magic, theater, music, humor, clowns, pampering and games. June 9th to 11st.In Vitoria-Gasteiz. Big Band Festival (swing, jazz, latin music, funk...). June 10th & 11th
- In Bilbao. Juan Grillo (Flamenco dancer). BBK Room. June 16th.
- In Bilbao. Gauzuria. White night 2017 in Bilbao. The night takes over the city from the hand of literature, music and theater. June 17th.
- In Bilbao. Benjamin Britten. Tribute to his work. Theater Arriaga. June 22th.
- In Bilbao. War Requiem, the masterpiece of Benjamin Britten. Theater Arriaga. June 23th & 24th.
- In Vitoria-Gasteiz. Azkena Rock Festival with groups like Cheap Trick, Hellsingland Underground, The Meteors, The Shelters... Next to the sports center of Mendizorroza. June 23th & 24th. In Bilbao. Paris, end of century: Signac, Redon, Toulouse-Lautrec and his contemporaries. Guggenheim Museum. May 12nd to September 17th.
- In Bilbao. Compagnie Marie Chouinard: "Le Jardin des Dèlices". Arriaga Theatre. June 2nd & 3rd.
- In Bilbao. Fashion and Films II: Dressing Ideas in Films. International fashion show. June 8th & 9th.
- In Bilbao. Bilbako Kalealdia (Bilbao street festival). Street shows, contemporary dance, circus and puppets. From June 26th to July 1st.
- In Getxo, International Jazz Festival, from June 28th to July 2nd.
- In Bilbao. Concert of Deep Purple and Alter Bridge: “"inFinite The Long Goodbye Tour". Bilbao Exhibition Center. June 30th at 6pm.
- In Zarautz, Triathlon Getaria to Zarautz. 2.9 km of swimming, 81 km of cycling circuit and 21 km of running. June 10th.
- In Bilbao. Spartan Race Bilbao. The most famous obstacle course in the world. The test consists of 13 km and more than 21 obstacles. June 24th.
- In Zumaia. Zumaia flysch Trail (27 kilometers and a difference of 1,640 meters). Cliffs between Zumaia and Deba. June 25th.
Enjoy the Basque Country!