Regarding traditions and festivities:
- St John is celebrated on the night of 23rd June all over the Basque Country with big fires to symbolize the triumph of the Sun over the shadows... But these are some of the best places to see something different:
- San Juan de Gaztelugatxe. Living St John night here is a true magical experience. The fire, the people, the old Basque house and the incredible eremit of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe in the middle of the sea makes this moment special... Discover it!
- Tolosa can be a good choice near San Sebastian for this special night with local music played and a great party atmosphere.
- In Zigoitia, an opportunity to see and learn about the local horse in the Gorbeia Local Horse Exhibit, where you can see also other farmers products specially goats, sheeps, porks, etc. On 28th June
- In Mundaka on the coast and in Burgos, you can enjoy the festivals of the towns due to St Peter. On June, 29th
- In Irun, the representation of the victory of the Irun army forces over the French invadors. A lot of powder and ancient army customs in this parade happening on June, 30th.
- In Getaria, "The art of Balenciaga" exhibit til August, 31st
- In Tolosa, Gipuzkoa, a water puppets exhibit in The Puppet Museum
- In Vitoria-Gasteiz, Kaledarte, a theater and dance show happenings in the streets of this city from June 12th to 14th.
- In Bilbao, the Guggenheim Museum, has a temporary exhibit on Niki de Saint Phalle, until June, 10th
- In San Sebastian, Surf Film Festival, from 25th to 28th June.
- In San Sebastian, cod fish Basque fishermen history exhibit, in the Navy Museum, until November, 29th
- In San Sebastian, Classical Music by Real Filharmonia de Galicia and the pianist Ivo Pogorelich, on June 7th.
- In Vitoria-Gasteiz, the Gasteiz Big Band festival mixes Swing, Funk, Jazz, and Latin Music on June 12th and 13th.
- In Vitoria-Gasteiz, Canta Cantorum choral on June 13th.
- In Vitoria-Gasteiz, the Azkena Rock Festival, with people like: Black Fountan, Chuck Ragan and The Camaraderie, Eagles of Death Metal
Highlights, JD McPherson, Kvelertak, L7, Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires, Off!, Powersolo, Red Fang, Reigning Sound, Sven Hammond, Television, The Dubrovniks, The White Buffalo, ZZ Top... from June 19th to 20th
- In Zarautz, BH Triathlon on 13th June