I am happy to present you Marta, a private licensed guide in Barcelona who is collaborating with me today with this post about must-do things in Barcelona.
There are plenty of things to do in Barcelona to make your trip memorable: this is a wonderful city, with surprises every corner.
|Gaudi Tours by ForeverBarcelona|
That’s why today I want to share with you my 5 top favorites (things that as I local, I try to do as often as I can!). Here they are:
- A favorite sweet splurge. I absolutely love the cakes at Bubó, but the top of the top is called Xabina and it won the price to the Best Chocolate Cake in 2005.
- A supercool store. If I had to pick one single shop from our Passeig de Gràcia shopping street, that’d be Vinçon. It’s a decoration and furniture store focused on design where you can also find the coolest souvenirs and travel gadgets. Don’t miss the upper floor from where you get an unusual view of the Pedrera building (another Gaudi masterpiece) and the decoration of the late 1800’s apartment where one of our pioneer modernist artists, Ramon Casas, lived once.
- A top site: Sagrada Familia Church. Ever since the inside was finished in 2010, every time I go in I’m still getting the chills. This space designed by Gaudi over 100 years ago seems to have come out of the future! I can’t stop looking up! During my Gaudi tours, I love explaining stories that make stones come alive, and my guest truly appreciate the fact that we get to skip the line to go in!
- An eat-like-a-local experience. Head over to the Boqueria market, and after relishing on the colors and the smell of the superfresh produce on display, get one of the coveted seats at Bar Pinotxo and order one of his famous specialties: baby squid with white beans or chick-peas with black pudding. Not adventurous enough? Then at El Quim you’ll find awesome fried eggs, omelettes and amazing fried artichoke chips (when in season, only).
- An exclusive night out. Put on your best smart-casual outfit and get a cab to the W Hotel. The most glamorous evenings in Barcelona are held in the 26th floor at the Eclipse Bar, with impressive views over the city and the port.
I hope you enjoyed my tips for things to do. Barcelona has still more wonderful experiences waiting for you: make sure to visit my blog to get more awesome ideas!
Marta is the founder of Foreverbarcelona, a leading company of private tourguides in Barcelona. She’s got over 10 years of experience focusing on making her clients happy and showing them the Barcelona they want to see, whether it’s its architecture, its history, its art, its food, or its secrets off the beaten path. She’s all up to creating your best memories of Barcelona!